Learn strategies to help your child succeed in mathematics! Better understand the Common Core Standards!
Join us this Monday evening for the Madera PTA meeting featuring Philip Gonsalves, Senior Director, Mathematics Curriculum and Instruction, West Contra Costa Unified School District.
- Date: Monday, February 2, 2015
- Time: 7:00-8:30 pm
- Location: Madera Library
Childcare will be provided! :)
Tickets for Celebrate Korematsu on 2/7 are going fast, and early bird pricing ends this Friday! Save $5 on each ticket by ordering today.
For more information, visit http://korematsumiddleschool.org/fundraising-and-donations .
Don’t miss out on the fun!
Parents with math, science, and engineering backgrounds please save the dates for helping us judge the science fair projects. If you have one or two hours to spare, please come help us judge the projects.
- May 12 (Tue) – projects due
- May 13 (Wed) – by afternoon judging may begin if it is what will fit your schedule
- May 14-15 (Th-Fri) – judging during all school hours
- May 16 (Sat) – judging from approximately 9am-3pm
- Evening Event: Tuesday, May 19th, 6:00-8:00pm
If your student in K-3 wishes to do a problem solving project, please refer to the grades 4-6 packet for information about problem saving projects.
If you will be able to help with the judging, please email Crystal.
1. Madera Spelling Bee, Friday, January 30th, MPR
2. Madera PTA meeting has moved to Monday February 2, 2015 7pm, Madera Library
Madera PTA Agenda:
Call to Order
3rd VP – Auction Information
Nominating Committee will present the 2015-16 PTA Slate
Program – Phil Gonsalves (The Math Guys, come find out about the common core math)
*Save the Date for the PTA Annual Meeting & Elections is Monday, March 9, 2015
3. The Boot Classic, Saturday, February 7th 2015, Madera Lower Yard, 9am-2pm
Here are the top 3 things to know for the coming week at Madera!
1. MASEP classes are open for spring enrollment, classes like Lego Architecture, Secret Agent Mad Science, Basketball, Creative Writing, Conversational Cantonese, Art Exploration and much more, check it out at http://www.el-cerrito.org/index.aspx?nid=437!
2. A special evening with Prof. Carol Dweck, Professor of Psychology, Stanford. Thursday, January 22, 2015, 7pm, El Cerrito High School Performing Arts Theater. View flyer here.
3. International Night at Madera, Friday, January 23rd, 6-8pm, MPR. Dress up in native clothing and Bring a dish to share which represents the culinary delights of your country.
Presented by WCCUSD and the El Cerrito Family of Schools
Have you ever been praised for a particular skill, or were told you “weren’t good at” something? Professor and Psychologist Carol Dweck argues that successes and failures aren’t the reflection of innate talents or intelligence, but of an inner mindset. Professor Dweck will discuss what types of praise may be damaging, and what types my help students succeed. View flyer here.
A special evening with Prof. Carol Dweck, Professor of Psychology, Stanford
- When: Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:00 p.m.
- Where: El Cerrito High School Performing Arts Theatre
540 Ashbury Ave, El Cerrito
- Cost: Free Admission! Free Childcare!
SEATING IS LIMITED. You must hand in the flyer (attached) to your school site to ensure seating.
VOLUNTEERS WANTED. We are looking for a few volunteers to donate food and beverages and man a reception table. Questions? Contact: Jen Treuting, email@example.com
Sign up here:
Come Join Us For International Night!!
On Friday, January 23 we celebrate the diversity which makes Madera so wonderful.
We ask that you share your culture by dressing up in native clothing and by contributing a dish which represents the culinary delights of your country.
When: January 23, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Details: Please bring a dish to share with 12 people. Plates, napkins, cups, drinks and utensils will be provided.