Dear Madera Friends,
As the sun sets on the last few days of summer vacation, the Madera PTA is gearing up for another school year! I hope you all enjoyed the break, and are looking forward to new adventures in and outside of the classroom. Please keep reading for some essential information.
The first day of school is a MONDAY. Yes, Monday, August 20th. Plan ahead to make the first day an easy day! Here is how:
- NOTE: same lists as last year, hence the old date
- If you bought Schoolkidz kits in the spring, you’re good to go (no need to purchase any more supplies)
- Thank you! Bringing supplies is a great help to Madera!
2) Get to campus early
- Park or walk to arrive by 8:10 am
- Check your student’s classroom assignment: posted on front glass doors
- Walk student to class
3) Attend PTA Welcome @ Multi-purpose Room
- All parents are invited @ 8:30 am in the Multipurpose Room
- We do it again for the PM Kinder parents @11:50 am in the Library
4) Minimum Day: students are dismissed at 2:05 pm (Grades 1-6)
Students’ Regular Everyday Schedule
Grades 1-6: 8:30 am – 2:40 pm
Except Wednesdays, which are always Minimum Days / 2:05 pm dismissal.
AM: 8:20 am- 11:40 am
PM: 11:45 am – 3:05 pm
This schedule does NOT change for Minimum Days.
Friday, August 17th, 2012
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Rooms 1 & 3
All kindergarten families are invited to attend. Our kindergarten teachers will open their classrooms this Friday morning, from 10:00 – 11:00 am. Please join us!
This is a great opportunity to meet the teachers, see the classrooms, and ask questions. Most importantly, your new student will get a chance to acclimate to their new environment before the first day of school. Highly recommended!
Back to School Beautification Day: This Saturday!
Saturday, August 18th, 2012
9:00 am – 11:00 am
Our awesome resident gardener, Molly Wahl, leads the effort to get our school in shape for the autumn campaign. Come join Molly and the Dad’s Club, as we weed, prune, sweep, or plant. If you are new to Madera, come by and check out the action!
Hope you have a splendid week,