Thursday, March 5, 2009
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Mark your calendars! Wonderful food and entertainment await you at this year’s event, to be held on THURSDAY, MARCH 5TH! Our theme this year is UNITY! Come join us for traditional foods and songs from around the world. In order to make our ever popular International Night a success, we need YOUR help!
1. Additional volunteers are needed for the following committees:
- Decorations – put up children’s artwork in the MPR
- Set-Up – tables, chairs, etc.
- Food Preparation – receive dishes and keep buffet tables full
- Clean Up – sweep floors and clean up buffet
2. International Potluck
Please remember to follow these simple procedures so all can enjoy this school-wide event. Bring a dish for at least 10 adults according to the information below:
- Kindergarten: Finger Foods (vegetables, fruit, cheese & crackers)
- 1st, 2nd and 4th Grades: Main Courses
- 3rd and 5th Grades: Salads, Noodles, Rice or Potatoes
Bring your dish to the Madera Kitchen to receive your eating utensils. You may bring your own plates & utensils if you wish to GO GREEN. Please remember to label your dishes by taping your name & grade. This will help us return your dishes. PTA will provide paper products, desserts and drinks.
We are going to have a Mural of Hands to show UNITY. We are asking students to please decorate an outline of their hand: What does UNITY mean to YOU?
Instructions to students:
- Draw an outline of your HAND
- Decorate and write your name & classroom number (on back of hand)
- Cut out decorated HAND
- Return in Blue Folder or I-Night BOX (in the office) by Monday, March 2nd
The class with the most returned HANDS will win an ice cream social!
Due to the popularity of this event, we will be limiting the number of families that may attend I-Night. We will be issuing 400 tickets for this FREE event, so please RSVP today! Admission to this event is FREE but Madera MRP capacity is limited. Everyone must have a ticket. 400 TICKETS will be distributed on a 1st Come, 1st Serve Basis. Each person attending needs a ticket
If you haven’t done so already, please RSVP by filling out and returning the RSVP FORM in your Blue Folders or I-Night box in the office. Thank you for your cooperation.
Your help is greatly appreciated! Reminders for this event will be provided ELECTRONICALLY as we’d like to use LESS PAPER. Please contact Lucy Kirsch or Sue Dodd to volunteer, or for more information.