April 11-15, 2011
I just wanted to remind everyone that EARTH WEEK is next week. Here are a few details you might want to know:
1. The last day to sign up for our free “green” classes is this Wednesday (April 6th). At least two of these classes are in danger of being canceled due to low enrollment. If you are interested, or you think a friend, aunt, neighbor, or grandparent might be interested, please see the information at the end of this email about how to sign up.
2. Please join us for our Garden Open House after school on Friday, April 15th from 3-4. Come and see all of the art work and hard work students have done in the garden.
3. We still would love to have a few more folks volunteer to help out with the class visits to the garden. If you volunteer, you would either get to help students plant, or you would be talking with them about ways they can help the earth. Here are the spots that are still open:
- Monday, April 11th from 9:45-10:45 (Mr. Trampleasure), 11:05-12:00 (Ms. Phillips)
- Tuesday, April 12th from 8:40-9:40 (Ms. Heydon), 11:05-12:00 (Ms. Dorn/Mekjian), and 12:05-1:05 (Ms. Cary)
- Wednesday, April 13th from 9:45-10:45 (Ms. Bashor), and 11:05-12:00 (Ms. Woody)
- Friday, April 15th from 11:05-12:00 (Ms. Reyes) and 1:10-2:10 (Ms. Nels)
Thank you so much for your support,
EARTH WEEK FREE “GREEN” CLASSES Information
DIY VERMILCULTURE (Worm Composting)
Monday, April 11th from 3:00-4:00
TONS OF SPUDS (Growing your own Potatoes)
Wednesday, April 13th from 12:20-1:00
**YOU CAN COMPOST (Making your own Compost)
Friday, April 15th from 12:20-1:00
This class is taught by five 3rd graders. Please support all of their hard work!
LET IT RAIN (Rain Water Harvesting)
Friday, April 15th from 3:00-4:00
If you wish to take any of these classes, you MUST email me by Wednesday, April 6th!! Please be sure the include your full name and which class(es) you are interested in.