Thursday November 10, 2011
7:00pm | Library
Madera parents – we are starting a Dads Club at the school, so mark you calendars for a pizza social to promote and explain the Dads Club.
What’s a Dads Club?
It’s an arm of the PTA targeted towards ‘hands on’ volunteers.
Fewer meetings, more tool-belts.
Is it just for Dads?
No. Everybody is welcome. If we didn’t call it a Dads Club then the fellas would think it somehow wasn’t meant for them.
What will the Dads Club do?
- Help the PTA setup and teardown events
- Lean on broom handles and talk about Sunday’s game.
- Put on movies and other audio-visual spectaculars at the school
- Help the teachers by doing odd-jobs in the classroom
- Other on-campus workparties
So bring your ‘Can Do’ attitude and a firm handshake – let’s get this thing off the ground.
When’s that kick-off meeting again?
Ask your better half, she’s already put it in the calendar, and she’ll send you along on the night.
IF YOU ARE COMING : let me know so I can keep a couple of slices of pizza for you.