Earth Day Garden Work Party
Friday, April 20, 2012
Quick reminder about our work party this Friday (April 20th) in honor of Earth Day. We will be in the garden from 2:40 until 4:00. Come on by to do work or just enjoy the surroundings. We have mulch to move, a path to make, weeds to pull and trees to move. I will be teaching a Master Gardener sponsored class on perennial edibles from 3-4 in the garden classroom area (which is full), but people are welcome to work in all other areas. Come on out and have a good time.
All Madera students and siblings need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
The third graders are putting on their very first Farmer’s Market after school in the garden on Friday, April 27th from 2:40-3:30ish. Stop by, purchase some healthy produce, and support the garden. We still need donations of supplies for this event. If items are not donated this week, we will need to purchase some of these things with our rather small garden budget. Here is what we need:
Farmers Market Needs
(to be given or simply loaned)
1. Largish baskets to hold different kinds of produce
2. 2 coolers (these could just be loaned to the garden for April-June)
3. Rectangular tablecloths in bright colors (it would be great if someone had the old oil-cloth red and white plaid ones- but we will take whatever we can get.)
4. Old small black board (to use as a sign)
5. Twine, rubber bands, twist ties
6. Cash box (with or without cash) 🙂
7. If you have extra produce that has been grown without pesticides, herbicides, or heavy-duty fertilizers such as lettuce, herbs, lemons, etc. we would happily sell your items at our market. The money raised would go to the garden.
Contact me directly if you can donate any of these items.
Thanks so much for helping out- hope to see in the garden soon!