- October PTA Meeting
(agenda updated 10/5)
Monday, October 8th, 2012
7:00pm – 9:00pm @Library
- Sign up for Paperless Blue Folders
Save a tree, save the PTA the cost of paper, and save the Blue Folder stuffing volunteers some time! We’ll start up the paperless program with the October 19 blue folder, so sign up soon!
- Support the PTA while you shop – Grocery Scrips from El Cerrito Natural Grocery and Berkeley Bowl are available – contact Crystal to purchase them!
- Our librarian, Cheryl Meibos, is taking suggestions for new books. There is a “wish list” clipboard at the circulation desk, or you can email Cheryl directly. Suggestions for 6th graders is welcome, as we also hope to build up the stacks for these readers.
Madera News & Events
- Garden Work Day (PDF)
Friday, October 5th, 2012
3:00pm – 5:00pm
Come help us weed, prune, mulch, and pull out old veggies!
- Madera Market
Friday, October 5th, 2012
after school @ upper yard
Many new items to choose from this year – ranging in price from 50¢ to $2. Can’t make it this Friday? Not to worry – the Market will take place the first and third Friday of every month! All profits will benefit the Madera PTA and 6th Grade activities.
- Madera Car Wash
Saturday, October 6th, 2012
9:00am – 2:00pm @parking area in front of the school
6th grade Science Camp Fundraiser / $5 per car
- School Board Candidate Forum
Thursday October 11, 2012
6:30 – 8:00 p.m @El Cerrito High School Cafeteria, 540 Ashbury Avenue
- WCCUSD Faculty Training Day – No School
Friday, October 12th, 2012
- Restaurant Night: Crepevine (PDF)
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
2:00pm – 9:00pm
Crepevine will donate 50% of your bill to Madera PTA!
Don’t forget to print out & bring the flyer!
- Madera Olympics Pledge Sheet & Permission Slip (PDF)
Friday, October 19, 2012 | 2:45pm
Please download & fill out the pledge sheet & permission form. We need many volunteers so please come out and help our Olympians! The majority of the shifts are refereeing the sports stations. Activities are soccer (if you have any soccer balls & nets to lend for the soccer station, we could definitely use them!), basketball, long jump, run/walk laps, foxtail toss & jumping jacks; shifts are from 2:45-3:45 and 3:45-4:45. We also have some shifts available for set up, check-in, check-out and clean up. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Beth Lewis!
- Thousand Page Club Needs 2 Volunteers!
We need to take pictures and give out prizes – it’s a 2 hr. job once a month.
If you can help please contact Carolina!
- October School Lunch Menu
- Harding Carnival & Pumpkin Patch
Sunday, October 7, 2012
11:00am - 4:00pm
@Harding Field & Clubhouse
- Cub Scout Pack 82 Meetings (PDF)
Mondays at 7:00pm
For boys/families from 1st-5th grade. Read the flyer for more details and activities!
Want to submit an event / flyer / notice to the weekly blue folder?
Send it here!