Friday, April 19, 2013
2:40pm – 4:00pm
Yes folks, it is almost here. This Friday (April 19th) from 2:40-4:00 we are hosting our Earth Day Farmers Market in the Garden. You should join us, and here is why:
1. You want to know why your blueberries aren’t doing well. The Contra Costa County Master Gardeners will be there to answer your questions, give you fact sheets about pests and hand out free seeds.
2. You are looking for some new kids books about the environment in honor of Earth Day. Barefoot Books will be there, and the PTA will receive 15% of all books purchased at the market, or online between April 15-April 25th.
3. Jamba Juice tastes good on warm Friday afternoons. ($3.00 a smoothie- the PTA gets 15% back from the total sales.)
4. You’ve heard Ms. Molly’s dad grows some killer tomato plants, and you want to try planting some in your own backyard this year. We will have a number of different heirloom varieties for sale. ($4.00 a plant)
5. You have a weakness for the spiced almonds from Oren’s Kitchen. Mmmm, mmm- they are good.
6. You have heard rumors about an extraordinarily awesome lunch that is going to be catered in the garden next September. Interested parties can sign up with Sasha Swain at the spiced almond table to receive more information about this exclusive event.
7. You have tasted the Madera Garden produce and you know just how good local, and pesticide free can taste.
8. You want to support our school, our garden, and our hardworking 3rd grade farmers.
Well, I think that pretty much sums it up. Hope to see you there!