Madera’s ‘Kentucky Derby’ Auction is Saturday Night!
Your home could be next – if you are the winning bidder of the ‘Madera Dad’s Club Work Party’ at this year’s auction!
Madera News & Events
- Principal Tea
Friday, May 3, 2013
8:30am in the Library
- Kentucky Derby Spring Auction and Dinner
Saturday, May 4, 2013
5:30pm – 10:00pm
@El Cerrito Community Center
$35 per ticket at the door
Need childcare? The auction childcare is almost full! If you would like a space, please email Alonn as soon as possible.
- Madera Carnival
Saturday, May 18, 2013
11:00am – 3:00pm | Madera Lower Yard
- Madera Matters May Edition (PDF)
- May School Lunch Menu – WCCUSD (PDF)
- Order Your Madera Yearbook! (PDF)
- Go Portola Survey
Please take a few minutes to fill out this brief survey about Portola Middle School. Among other things, Go Portola is working to expand the elective and afterschool programming, and we’d like your input about the kinds of classes that should be added. The survey is intended to all families with grade school kids, so feel free to distribute widely.
- Donate Mylar Blankets &/or Flashlights (PDF)
Thank you to the families that have already donated their child’s mylar emergency blanket and/or flashlight for Madera’s disaster preparedness efforts!! We are off to a great start with a total of 96 blankets donated so far, but it would be great if we could get another 200-250 donated! Please print out the PDF above, complete it, and return it in the Blue Folders or to the Disaster Prep inbox in the school office no later than Friday, May 3. Thank you again for your consideration and generosity! Questions? Contact Beckie.
- Ms. Boetcher is looking for some new puzzles for her classroom as well as some Play-doh toys. For those of you who may not know her, she runs one of the morning kindergarten classrooms. If you have any age appropriate puzzles you are moving on from, or would like to donate some play-doh toys, please feel free to drop them off in the office for her, or in her classroom (room #3).
- Game Donations Sought
Desiree Dobbert, one of the lunch recess parents, wanted to have games donated for older kids that can be stored in computer lab. They are looking for games that people no longer play at home and definitely games for older kids (i.e. no Candyland). Desiree can be the point person and can meet parents for drop-off. A number of kids are not interested in the standard yard games, so the yard duty are trying to engage them in other ways. She also works in the library, so if we want to expand to there, she can facilitate that as well. Contact Desiree
- Harding ReCycle Used Bicycle Sale and Bicycle Festival
Saturday, May 11, 2012 | 10:00am – 1:00pm
Harding Elementary School
- CERT Training
May – June 2013
- Bay Area Storytelling Festival
May 17-19, 2013 @Craneway Pavillion
Want to submit an event / flyer / notice to the weekly blue folder?
Send it here!