Please weigh in on this WCCUSD Survey – it may help set the course for the future of Madera and other local schools!
School Closed on Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day –
Have a good weekend!
Madera News & Events
- – WCCUSD Strategic Plan Survey
– Encuesta para desarrollar el plan estratégico del distrito WCCUSD
WCCUSD is doing a Strategic Plan to determine what the district’s priorities should be (Smaller class sizes? Better technology? Arts & Music? Teacher quality? Science & Math?) for the next several years. Got an opinion? Fill out the survey!
- Library Books Are Due by Fri. May 24th
If you have lost a book please submit payment. This will help us with our year end inventory! If you have any questions or would like to help with inventory on Wednesday please feel free to contact me directly – Cassidy
- A Walk in the Garden: Botanical Illustrations by Madera’s 2nd Grade Artists (PDF)
Opening: Sunday, May 26, 2013
12:00pm – 6:00pm
On Display: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 – Sunday June 2, 2013
@The Village Shops & Gallery,
10333 San Pablo Ave El Cerrito
- Thousand Page Reading Club Logs are Due Tues. May 28!
Last one for the school year – ice cream party for members on June 3rd!
- Olympic Reader Club Logs are Due Wed. May 29!
- MASEP (Madera Afterschool Enrichment Program) Feedback Survey (Please fill it out by Friday, May 31, 2013 at 12:00pm.)
El Cerrito Recreation Center’s goal is to provide an afterschool enrichment program at Madera with a high level of value to students and families. Your insights as Madera family…. whether your child(ren) have or haven’t participated in MASEP… are instrumental for the Recreation Center in making decisions and leverage resources for next year’s programs.
If you have any questions, contact the MASEP program manager (Vivian Brandt) directly.
- Madera Matters May Edition (PDF)
- May School Lunch Menu – WCCUSD (PDF)
- Volunteer Tea
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
2:15pm – 3:15pm | Madera School Library
- Carnival Volunteers Made it Happen – Thanks!!
- Wine and Cheese in a Fabulous Garden,
a Portola Middle School Fundraiser
Saturday, June 1, 2013 | 4:30pm
Host: Go Portola!
Location: A Beautiful Garden in Kensington
Enjoy perfectly matched wines and cheeses in a fabulous garden setting. If you went to Portola, go to Portola, or are interested in learning more, please join us for this fun, community-building event. Live salsa music by Little Spike…and maybe we’ll play a little Limbo!
Wine not your thing? Not to worry. We’ll be serving beers and British cheeses as well.
$20 per person. Pay at the door. Email email@example.com to be put on the evite. It would be a tragedy if we did not have a wine glass for you!! 100% of all proceeds benefit the Portola PTSA.
Your Go Portola! Hosts, Bobbie Dowling, Leslie Reckler, Susan Riggle, Alonn Ilan
- The Kensington-El Cerrito-Berkeley Top of the Hill Hike
Saturday, May 25, 2013 | 10:00am – 1:00pm
El Cerrito Trail Trekkers
61 Arlington Ave Kensington
- Canyon Trail Park Playdate for Fall 2013 Kindergarten Families (PDF)
Friday, May 31, 2013
5:30pm – 7:30pm @Canyon Trail Park
Want to submit an event / flyer / notice to the weekly blue folder?
Send it here!