Sunday, August 18th, 2013
10:00am – 2:00pm
Back to School Work Day
Help us to make the front of the school as welcoming as possible for the first day of school. There will be plenty of work to go around whether you are a certified green thumb or you are new to the gardening world.
Here is a preview of some of what will be happening:
- The Dad’s Club will be working on installing a retaining wall system that will allow the 6th graders to landscape a new portion of the school!
- We will be weeding the front park strip area and pruning back some of the larger shrubs.
- We will be picking up trash and moving the last of the mulch pile.
- We will be hanging out and catching up with old friends and new acquaintances.
Some other details, you might want to know:
- Ms. Molly is planning on having pizza delivered around noon, so if you are able to show up for only an hour or so, plan accordingly.
- Unless the school is open (which I can’t confirm at this time) we will not have bathroom access on-site. Just an FYI.
- And as usual, all kids need to be supervised by their own parent/guardian.
If you think you might be able to attend, it would be great if you could send me (Molly) an email with an estimated head-count- that way I can order enough pizza!
Thanks and hope to see you there!
Madera Garden Coordinator