Madera News & Events
- PTA Meeting & Budget Vote (PDF)
Monday September 9th, 2013 | 7:00pm
Join the PTA and have a say
in what kinds of ways
your donations are spent
tomorrow and today (ok?)
- Back to School Night
Thursday, September 12th, 2013
7:00pm – 8:00pm
A parents-only event – meet your child’s teacher and visit the classroom!
- Scholastic Book Fair
September 9-13, 2013
The Book Fair starts Monday and continues all week during lunch and for an hour after school. There will be two separate “special events”, Books and Bagels on Tuesday from 7:30am-9am and Back-to-School Night from 6-8pm. Books can be purchased during these times with Cash or Credit Card. You can also purchase books online.
- Pizza in the Park (PDF)
Thursday, September 19th, 2013
5:00pm – 8:00pm @Arlington Park
A fun evening of meeting new families and teachers and reuniting with old ones! Mark your calendar and fill out the pizza order form!
- Enroll in Madera’s After-School Courses (MASEP)
Some courses may be full (like fencing) or not have enough enrollment and may be cancelled – contact Georgina for the latest info and enroll soon!
- Welcome to the Garden: Madera’s Outdoor Classroom (PDF)
Interested in becoming more involved in the garden or finding out more? Look for our table at BACK TO SCHOOL night on September 12th!
- The open space area next to the school will become part of El Cerrito’s Hillside Preservation Area, thanks in large part to the efforts of Madera 4th grade dad Gary Hill!
- Join the Walking Schoolbus!
Coming to a neighborhood near you soon! Stay tuned!
- September WCCUSD School Lunch Menu (PDF)
- Madera Matters – September 2013 (PDF)
- Go on Madera’s #GiveWithTarget facebook page and vote! 60+ votes Madera – keep it going!
- First Grade Potluck needs volunteers
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
We are looking for volunteers from the First Grade Classrooms to set it up and help get out the call to families. Email Anne-Marie if you can help set this up.
- Get your copy of Last Child in the Woods – available (for $8.25) in Principal Makela’s office!
- El Cerrito Green Team / Baxter Creek Work Party
Saturday, September 7, 2013 | 10:00am – 12:30pm
- WCCUSD Strategic Plan Town Hall Meeting
Monday, September 9, 2013 | 6:30 to 8:00 PM
Collins Elementary School Multipurpose Room
(1224 Pinole Valley Rd, Pinole, CA 94564)
- Town Hall Meeting: Contra Costa County Library System / Strategic Plan
Monday, September 9, 2013 | 7:00pm
@ El Cerrito City Hall
- Portola PTSA/PARC Meeting
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 | 7:00pm
@ Portola Campus, Room 7
Dr. AnnMarie Darrow Baines, Scholar in Residence at Portola will speak to the new Common Core, something all our students are experiencing this year. Any teachers or administrators who have not yet had the opportunity to meet Dr. Baines are also welcome to attend.
Want to submit an event / flyer / notice to the weekly blue folder?
Send it here!