Madera News & Events
- Scholastic Book Fair
Friday, September 13th, 2013 is the last day!
You can also purchase books online. Madera gets 55% of the book sales total!
- Pizza in the Park (PDF)
Thursday, September 19th, 2013
5:00pm – 8:00pm @Arlington Park
A fun evening of meeting new families and teachers and reuniting with old ones! Mark your calendar and fill out the pizza order form! If you’ve already turned in your form, please check the google doc linked here to make sure that we received your order. If your name is not listed, please double check with your child’s teacher and check their folder/backpacks because we did NOT receive it. Remember, you need to order pizza in advance so place your order today!
- Kindergarten Potluck
Tuesday, September 24th, 2013
6:00pm – 7:30pm @Arlington Park
- See what Ms. Buginas’ 4th Grade Class is up to on their classroom blog!
- Join the Walking Schoolbus!
The Potrero Av. ‘Stair Masters’ bus route has launched, and the Cutting Blvd./Arlington route is set to start next week – stay tuned!
- MASEP Mad Science Classes After School (PDF)
These classes are starting next Thursday Sep.19 but still need students!
– Academy of Future (2:50-3:50pm) Grades 3-6, Thursdays
– The Extraordinary Earth (4:00-5pm) K-2, Thursdays
- September WCCUSD School Lunch Menu (PDF)
- Go on Madera’s #GiveWithTarget facebook page and vote! You can vote up until Sept. 21st – and vote again (a few days in between) even if you’ve voted already!
- Madera Dad’s Club – Pub Social
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 | 8:30pm
@ The Pub on Solano
Helping hands at the school and the community of Madera Elementary – find out about upcoming Dad’s Club events – come to the pub social and join the Madera Dad’s Club Google Group!
- First Grade Potluck needs volunteers
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
We are looking for volunteers from the First Grade Classrooms to set it up and help get out the call to families. Email Anne-Marie if you can help set this up.
- Point Richmond Music Free Concert (Latin Jazz / Salsa)
Friday, September 13, 2013 | 5:30pm - 7:45pm
Park Place and Washington Avenue, Point Richmond
- Stockton Ave. Art Stroll
Friday, September 13, 2013 | 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Upper Stockton Avenue, at Norvell St., El Cerrito.
- CPR / First Aid Training
Saturday, September 14, 2013 | 8:30am - 4:30pm
Arlington Community Church (52 Arlington Avenue), Kensington
- Sycamore Church Bazaar – Annual Japanese Cultural Festival
Sunday, September 15, 2013, 11:30am
1111 Navellier Street, El Cerrito
Want to submit an event / flyer / notice to the weekly blue folder?
Send it here!