» Download MASEP – Late Fall 2013 Calendar / Info Packet (PDF)
» Download Madera Band Registration Info (PDF)
Session is from Nov. 12th – Jan. 24th
MASEP Class Surveys will be coming your way at end of current session as the Recreation Center’s continually endeavoring to improve the program content and operations. (Instructors will receive the feedback, too, which will help them adjust classes, too.)
Registration (through the Recreation Center) is OPEN
Please enroll right away…we want all the classes “green lighted” for the session (to remain open, classes need to meet minimum enrollment no later than 3 days business before class start). Registration will “open to the rest of the public” on November 4th. (At that point anyone can register, homeschoolers, kids in nearby schools, etc.)
For this session of MASEP, the Recreation Center aimed to keep as many of the classes as possible. However, knowing that for these next couple of sessions rain needs to be accounted for, the total number of offerings has been adjusted. We don’t have indoor spaces at Madera, for example, for classes that in good weather happen outside (for example Tennis).
We know the first week’s always a bit of an adjustment as staff, children and instructors learn new routines. Please help out if you’re at school during the transition from class dismissal to after school activities…the Recreation Center staff and children will be grateful for support.
We hope children (and their families) will take a close look at the new offerings and consider these opportunities for learning and trying something new, in the sciences, in the arts, in sports, and more. [We work closely with the instructors to provide fun and enriching experiences for *girls and boys* of all ages.]
For questions about MASEP class availability, or to enroll, contact:
El Cerrito’s Recreation Department
7007 Moeser Lane
El Cerrito, CA 94530
Ph: (510) 559-7000
Fx: (510) 528-9413
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
[Online registration @ https://recweb.el-cerrito.org]
- Low enrollments risk class cancellation
- Kid’s grade outside the class suggestion? Ask the recreation center, some instructors will take younger (or older) students
- No MASEP classes on minimum days
- Transportation: You will notice a uniform transport fee applicable to all benefitting from this service. The shuttle service allows for incorporating classes that often require specialize equipment (mats, dance floors, etc.) The fee goes toward hiring the licensed driver (requires a certain license to drive the larger van). The Recreation Center covers the costs of the vehicles (maintenance, etc.)
Contact the recreation center (info. above) for your child(ren) to join:
- AAA Sports Clinic
- Circus Arts
- Drama Club
- Guitar (FYI Instructor mentions “Berkeley Wind” sells low-cost guitars suitable for children www.berkeleywind.com)
- Lego Robotics (two levels)
- Mad Science (Secret Agent Lab)
- Sylvan Homework Support
- Take My Word for It! Creative Writing (grades 3-5th)
- Violin (now K-2) Violin rentals from Mr. Phan @ Amari Music (510) 524-2787
- Youth Capoeira
Why consider MASEP?
- Classes are nearly all onsite at Madera, immediately following class dismissal. (This saves families transportation time and cost. Hopefully, This also helps with keeping evening and weekend schedules less hectic.)
- Children enjoy and appreciate sharing and learning with their Madera classmates and other friends.
- Convenient option for children to explore new ideas, skills and expand horizons. If your child is interested but a bit hesitant, try enrolling him/her with a good friend! [Some classes are perfect for pairing and teamwork (different ages, girls, boys, etc.), for example, in “Lego Robotics”]
Got ideas for MASEP?
We’re eager to hear from families as well as teachers with ideas/activities/classes/courses to pursue for Madera student enrichment classes.
MASEP Parents’ Group (we welcome new members!)
(the email address of the informal Madera parents’ group working collaboratively with the recreation center to enhance MASEP.)