No School on Monday, November 11, 2013 / Veterans Day
Madera News & Events
- International Night –
Friday, November 8th, 2013
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
A Madera tradition! This is a night where students and families can bring a dish to share, wear traditional cultural dress and celebrate the diversity of our community! We’d love some volunteer help to set up and clean up afterwards – contact Anne-Marie if you can lend a hand!
- You can Still Register for After School Band & Late Fall MASEP Classes
Sign up in person at the El Cerrito Community Center, or register online.
Currently at risk/low enrollment (Tuesday & Wednesday offerings):
– Drama Club (Tuesday/Thursday) – needs 5 more students “to go”
– Fencing (Tuesdays) – needs one 1 more student “to go”
– Sylvan Homework Support (Wednesdays) – needs one 1 more student “to go”
Most other classes remain OPEN for enrollment.
[2 classes are full, with wait lists building, Keyboard and Lego Jr. and Lego Sr.]
Sign up your child for after school band rehearsal:
– Beginning Band rehearsals are on Fridays, starting next Friday Nov. 15
– Intermediate Band rehearsals are on Mondays, starting Monday Nov. 18
- Hey Parents – Please Take this Technology Survey!
Madera has an active Tech Committee made up of teachers, parents and Principal Makela, that is working with the WCCUSD to advocate for our students, to help meet new Common Core requirements, and make our students technology literate and prepared for the future. In order to help achieve our goals, we need YOUR help to understand what technology your children have access to and need – please take a moment to fill out this brief survey! Thank you!
- Support Ms. Patten’s ‘Developing Good Habits of Reading’ Project
- Monthly PTA Meeting
Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 | 7:00pm
- Portola Information Night
Thursday, November 14th, 2013 | 6:30pm – 8:00pm
@ Portola Middle School
- Farewell Celebration for Jan Jones
Friday, November 15th, 2013 | 2:45pm – 4:00pm
in the Library
- Pizza & Movie Night – Wreck it Ralph
Friday, November 15th, 2013 | 7:00pm – 9:00pm
in the Multipurpose Room
- The Last Child in the Woods: Discussion Group / Potluck
Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 | 7:00pm – 9:00pm
at the Arlington Park Clubhouse
Join Principal Makela for the vivacious discussion of the book that is… The Last Child in the Woods: Saving our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv!
- November at a Glance (PDF)
There’s a lot happening at Madera in November! Here it all is, in one handy printout!
- WCCUSD November School Lunch Menu (PDF)
- SingleTrack High at El Cerrito Theater
Saturday, November 9th, 2013| 10:30am.
This inspiring documentary showcases the extraordinarily positive impacts of the high school cycling movement. Proceeds from ticket sales go to benefit the El Cerrito Open Space Fund and the El Cerrito and Albany High School Mountain Bike Teams.
Want to submit an event / flyer / notice to the weekly blue folder?
Send it here!