Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
6:00pm ‐ 8:00pm | Multipurpose Room
Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 | 8:15 am
All students and families in grades K‐6 are encouraged to participate in the Science Fair. Examples of past science fair projects will be on display outside of the Multi‐Purpose Room.
Grades K–3 may enter a collection, scientific explanation display, observation, a science model, or a problem solving experiment. K‐3 Students choosing to enter a problem solving experiment are encouraged to refer the Grade 4‐6 instruction packet. Students will receive a “Young Scientist” ribbon and a certificate of participation.
Grades 4–6 enter a problem solving experiment that utilizes the scientific method. All projects will be judged by scientists in our community. Students will receive a place ribbon and a certificate of participation.
The Science Fair will be seeking help in the following ways:
- if you have the background, please help your child’s class by going into the classroom to talk to kids about how to do a project
- help setting up tables on March 25 (after school) to be coordinated with Dad’s Club
- help check in projects on March 26
- parents with science and engineering backgrounds please help with judging the projects during the school days March 27, 28 and Saturday March 29
- help with the tearing down of MPR April 1 at the end of family viewing