Madera Band Concert
Friday, April 25th, 2014
7:00pm | Multipurpose Room
District Bands Spring Concert
Wednesday, May 7th, 2014
7:00pm | El Cerrito High School Theater
Hello Madera Band Families,
The in-school bands and before-school flute choir will be giving a final spring, school concert at Madera Elementary on Friday, April 25th.
These are the bands currently directed by Mrs. Christine Vlught.
Logistics for the night:
- Please have your child wear black slacks or a long black skirt and a nice white top (no-t-shirts.)
- Please have your child bring their instruments and their sheet music. They will use one of the music stands at the school.
- Please have your child arrive at 6:30pm, for seating and warm-ups.
- The Beginning Band will perform first and will be seated on the floor.
- The Flute Choir will perform second.
- The Intermediate Band will perform last and will be seated on the stage.
- Children will stay seated for the entire concert with their band group. (It will be short.)
- If you can bring a goodie to share for afterwards with some paper napkins, please do so and set it on the cafeteria “counter” (immoveable long object to the left of the stage, on the floor), when you arrive.
- If you can help put away a few extra chairs after the concert is over, please help us!
WCCUSD District Wide Spring Concert
The District Band Programs will be giving a final, spring concert at El Cerrito High School on Wednesday, May 7th.
These will be the beginning and intermediate in-school bands only directed by Mrs. Vlught. Madera students will be playing in a combined band with Harding, Kensington, Fairmont, Washington, and Stege students at the concert.
Logistics for the night:
- Please have your child wear black slacks or a long black skirt and a nice white top (no-t-shirts).
- Please have your child bring their instruments and their sheet music. They will use one of the music stands at the Theater.
- Please have your child arrive and report to the Theater Stage at 6:30pm, for seating and warm-ups. Instrument cases will be left backstage.
- The Beginning Bands will perform together first on stage and then be seated in the front rows of the Theater, with their instrument in hand. (Bands playing afterwards will wait backstage until it’s their turn to play.)
- The Intermediate Bands will perform together second on stage and be seated together as a group in the front rows of the Theater, with their instruments in hand, next to the beginning band.
- The Middle School and High School Bands will perform last.
- Children should stay seated (as quietly as possible) for the entire concert with their band group.
Thank you for supporting your child’s district-provided music education this year!
**AFTER-SCHOOL BANDS LED BY MS. JANE MAGID WILL BE PERFORMING ON MAY 21ST (save the date). MORE INFO TO FOLLOW.***
Please reach out if you have questions or comments.
Helen Couture Rodriguez
Band Parent-Directors Liaison