October 4 and 5, 2018
The Madera Elementary Foundation (MEF) raises money to pay for Music, Garden, Reading Support, Assemblies, Field trips, and more! The MEF has three campaigns each year to raise these funds: Annual Giving, Jog-a-Thon, and the Auction. The Jog-a-Thon is the one campaign in which our kids actively participate. They get to support their school, hone their interpersonal skills, and get some exercise all at the same time! Win, win, win! This year, the Jog-a-Thon will be held during school hours on October 4th (grades 3-6) and October 5th (grades K-2) to promote greater participation.
Register and start collecting pledges
For the first time, we’re using a wonderful web based fundraising system that makes it much simpler for kids to request pledges from family and friends. Register your kid(s) now at http://pledgestar.com/Madera so they can start collecting pledges (Online Registration Instructions). If your child would prefer to collect pledges the old fashioned way, download the pledge sheet.
Also for the first time, we have some amazing prizes generously donated by FitBit, The Sports Basement, IBM, and Children’s Creativity Museum!
- The child who raises the most money – FitBit Activity Tracker
- The child who solicits the most pledges – Camelbak Mini
- Siblings who raise the most money – Family Pass to Creativity Museum
- The child who runs the most laps – IBM Bag of Cool Goodies
- Class that raises the most money – Water-Balloon Catapult Party
- Class with most fundraising participation – Popsicle Party
- Raise $175 – Jog-a-Thon sweatshirt
- Raise $75 raised – Jog-a-Thon t-shirt
- If the school collectively raises $20,000, Principal Makela has promised to dye her hair a crazy color!
Calling all volunteers
We need parent volunteers to help out with the Jog-a-Thon. Please sign up here to either lend a hand during the event or to bring fruit for the kids. (There are two tabs along the bottom of the sign-up, one for each day).
- Kids will have 30 minutes to run or walk around the track on the lower yard. Participation in the Jog-a-Thon is voluntary. Kids can sit out and cheer if they prefer, and they don’t have to fundraise to participate in the event itself.
- For reference, 9 laps around the track equals one mile and most younger kids can run at least 15 laps and most older kids can run at least 20 laps in the 30 minutes provided.
- Water will be provided during the event and fruit afterwards.
- Every participant will get a small blue trophy token they can attach to their backpack.
- Please make sure your kids wear appropriate shoes on the day of their run, have sunscreen on, and bring a water bottle to help reduce paper cup waste.
- Each grade will have their own time slot. See the schedule below.
Thursday, October 4, 2018
|8:30 – 9:30 am||5|
|9:50 – 10:50 am||6|
|11:10 am – 12:00 pm||4|
|1:30 – 2:30 pm||3|
Friday, October 5, 2018
|8:40 – 9:40 am||K|
|9:50 – 10:50 am||1|
|11:00 am – 11:55 am||2|
Questions? mail Maia at firstname.lastname@example.org.