Reading Club Update
In total the kids logged 1,092,157 pages in the 2017/2018 school year.
Thank you to everyone, who participated! There will be a couple of changes to the Reading Club program in the coming school year – stay tuned.
Even though the school year is almost over keep on reading over the summer! Below you can find a list of summer reading programs.
If you are looking for ideas what to read here are some websites that have good suggestions (some of them with reviews):
- Bookopolis (http://bookopolis.com/)
- Contra Costa County Library (http://ccclib.org/)
- Common Sense Media (http://www.commonsensemedia.org)
- Scholastic (http://www.scholastic.com)
List of Summer Reading Programs:
- The public libraries including El Cerrito’s
The Contra Costa County Libraries will have their program from June 4 – August 4. Check it out at the library or at http://ccclib.org/summer. If you finish the program you will take home a free book and are entered in a raffle with cool prizes.
In addition, the also have the ‘Lunch at the Library’ program again in El Cerrito from June 12 – August 9, Tuesday-Thursday 12-1pm.
- Barnes & Noble Summer Reading for Kids
The program runs from May 15 – September 3. Kids can earn a free book after they read eights books and log them on the reading sheet.
- Half Price Books Summer Reading Program ‘Feed Your Brain’
The Half Price Books kids summer reading program gives out Bookworm Bucks to kids who read for at least 300 minutes during the months of June and July.
- Scholastic Summer Challenge
Record your minutes online from May 7 – September 7. Even if you don’t use the online log they have some resources like downloadable logs and certificates as well as reading lists available.
- Summer Reading Challenge at Bookopolis.com
Record your minutes read and earn a free book (while supplies last)
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.